Wednesday, April 9, 2008

superman


Tonight at work the woman who hired me 13 plus years ago without speaking came up and gave me a hug. I hadn't seen her since Adam was diagnosed. Kathy has dealt with her own family health issues. Just when I thought, 'hey every thing is cool, I can handle this', I couldn't speak for crying. God damn. The COO happened to be around and not much later 'invited' me to go on home. I resisted a little and then took her up on it. 7pm was late enough.



I arrived home to realize it was another good day on Beechwood Avenue. I pulled in the drive way to see Adam and Fin walking down the side walk. Adam was wearing the superman shirt that Jared and Heather gave him. He says it's going to be his summer get-up; along with jeans and a matching superman baseball cap. Man of steel kicking cancer's ass!

This thing is teaching me to really appreciate a good day.

'Enjoy every sandwich.' -- Warren Zevon


Tomorrow, Adam goes for his first outpt chemo. We are hoping the effects will be significantly less than last week's inpt chemo visit. We now have to start looking out for cumulative effects; especially low white blood cell count as this will make Adam more susceptible to infection. He has been having jaw pain which we've been told is normal and is actually being caused by the least potent of the three chemo meds.

No comments: