Sunday, May 11, 2008

rhizome

Ward II has sent out the word on Adam and his collection (his buddy Ned responded and I hear we are about to get some more plates from other Ward friends). Jody, a teacher at Camille's Montessori school and a neighbor, has told her journalist father about Adam and he in turn has told many of his far flung journalist friends. My sister in law Jeannette has told her friend, Fr. Francis, who is a missionary in Taiwan, and he sent Adam a spiritual care package, a very supportive note, a 'iconic' image of Jesus, Mary and Joseph and a picture of he and his Taiwanese school children (very cute). Support for Adam is like a rhizome....spreading across the planet. My friend Anton, who lives in the Philippines and traveled to Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia sent us a email on his trip because he wanted to make sure we got a email from that part of the world.

Adam had a sleep over last night. The boys are still here munching on donuts and playing a few more rounds on the wii. Based on my own exhaustion it was a success. Good thing birthdays only happen once a year!


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

1 comment:

Carson said...

I see you survived the sleepover. Having weathered the sleepovers for both boys and girls, my heartfelt "May the force remain with you," as I have found that the exhaustion stays with them a short while and takes me dayyyys to get over. Adam and Camile look great and we are liking that soccer form. Carson