Wednesday, May 21, 2008

good day

It's hard to tell when Adam is going to have a good day. A few days out from his last inpatient stay and today he had a really great day. Adam went to school! He went to get his yearbook signed and hang out with his school buds. I was nervous all day about how this would go. Adam could have been in a sour mood, he could have felt bad, his friends could have felt uncomfortable around the kid with cancer, who knows. But it was good. He was like a rock star, all the kids wanted to sit with him. He got his Meigs hat signed along with his yearbook. Martha got to touch base with the teachers and the guidance counselor. At this point we are planning to have him start with the rest of the rising 6th graders in August.

My cheap acoustic guitar arrived in the mail. Now all I have to do is tune it and learn to play it. Yee haw!

It's a day like to day that I think prayers and the sending of good vibes really does work.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Most of the time I like to read this blog before I sleep. There is something soothing about connecting in some way to a human who is searching... My favorite word for the last few days is "authentic." I have finally figured out what I want to be now that I have grown up. What is the secret to becoming authentic? As you say Ed just breathe and as Michael reminds us both, always say "thank you."

Vicki said...

Adam,
I'm so glad that you were able to come to school. The other kids were really happy to see you. Congratulations on getting the Math Olympiad patch. You are now officially a 6th grader!
Have fun this summer,
Mrs. Dooley