Monday, May 5, 2008

Ned in Maine

I had to make a marketing trip today. The census at Skyline is a little low so I had planned to visit several therapists and doctors in their offices in Wilson and Rutherford counties. Just trying to drum up some business. I thought this would be a hassle but it turned out to be very therapeutic. The drive was really relaxing. The air is a little cool and dry, and the day was beautiful. I had the windows down and the stereo cranked (REM's new cd accelerate).

The drive from outside of Mt. Juliet to I-840 (which takes you to Murfreesboro) was particularly spectacular in a 'I forgot that the Tennessee countryside could be so pastoral and charming' sort of way.

I made all my contacts in Mt. Juliet and Murfreesboro and then got back on the road to Lebanon. Not quite as nice but still a straight away two lane with not too much traffic.

I was wondering how Adam was doing. I was optimistic because last night his mood finally started to lift and as Martha has said before, 'my Adam' was coming back. He was friendly and funny and interested, very interested, in this jigsaw puzzle that aunt Lucy and uncle Jay gave him. The puzzle fittingly depicts the USA... in license plates. Adam is working on it as I write.

Speaking of plates. My second cousin, Ward II, got the word out to his friends about Adam's collection. In the mail today from Ward's old highschool friend (class of '52) Ned W. in Maine, were four old school, prison made possibly, Maine and Maryland plates. Very cool. We just figured out how to mount the plates on the wall in the the kids play room. Just in time as they are really piling up. Keep sending! You just never know how folks are going to respond. Juju told me that her faith in humanity has been restored by seeing how folks have responded to Adam. It really is beautiful. Thanks Ned!

No comments: