Saturday, May 10, 2008

here comes the weekend

Yeah, all those things, responsibility, pressure. It's a bit stressful. I try and come to terms with it by not thinking about it. --Joe Strummer



It's been a pretty good week at home, Adam has been feeling mostly healthy, but an unholy pressure cooker at work. I am not sure I am cutout for the corporate life. I am glad the weekend is here. Tonight Adam is having a birthday sleep over. Five 11 year old boys spending the night, please pray for us. Adam's red cell blood count is a little down and he is slightly fatigued, but he really wants his sleep over so I told him he needed to be friendly and engaged with his friends. He will have to buck up a little. He readily agreed. We'll see.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I think this year Martha has been the mother of mothers. I don't expect Adam and Camille to appreciate that right now, but one day they will realize what a fantastic mom they have. I have a pretty fantastic one too (Happy Mother's Day Juju!)

Our friends and family continue to be so thoughtful and generous. Thank you Mark (the shark) for the plates. Adam's collection is coming along beautifully. Thank you Lucy and Jay for the jigsaw puzzle. That puzzle really helped Adam get out of his funk last Sunday. He didn't stop working on it until it was finished. Thank you Jay for the cd....my main form of stress mgt these days is either quiet solitude on the way to and from work, or blasting the stereo to and from work. Thank god for the commute! Thank you Mary, Carson and Cecile for your frequent comments on the blog. Thanks Mom and Dad for figuring out how to make comments on the blog.....we read them all. Thanks Jeannette for your unfailing positivity. Thanks Dan for your email........the Waits video is great (see link below). Thanks John and Julia for feeding us last night. The wine was pretty good too. Thanks Susan for keeping me sane at work. Thanks Kay (my boss) for letting me see more of the whole you....you are hilarious! Thanks Martha's workmates, and Anna, for all the dinners. And thanks to the Amercian Cancer Society for providing Camp Horizon. Adam is all signed up. I know I am forgetting. Please forgive me.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOrG1r3S6ZA&eurl=http://beat.bodoglife.com/entertainment/tom-waits-announces-tour-96813.html

No comments: