Sunday, May 18, 2008

memory

Adam returned home a little after 6pm yesterday. He had mostly slept all day at the hospital and continued to sleep here until this morning. I think the anti-nausea medicine makes him sleepy. He is up now, watching cartoons. He says his stomach still hurts. His mood is down. We have one more inpatient chemo to go. This inpatient stay, despite being one full day late, was the least traumatic. Adam still had to work through pain and nausea, but he slept more and the pain seemed less intense than the last stay. We also had the best nurse, Rochelle, and that makes things a little easier.

While Adam was in the hospital he received two more license plates......from Paraguay. Former Jesuit Volunteer Dennis C Jr. must have told his dad, Dennis C Sr. , about Adam's collection because Dennis Sr. sent the plates. The Paraguay plates are much more 'primitive' than the US plates. I think they are hand painted and the metal is thicker and seems hand tooled. They are very cool. I am curious how Dennis and family came to have these plates.

We also received two mix home burned cds from our friend, and former JV, Tom W. Very thoughtful and very groovy music (by the way I have decided to learn to play the geetar....I ordered a cheap acoustic, a tuner and some picks....youtube has some very easy to follow lessons....I am hoping this will be another way to manage my stress.) Thanks Tom and Susie.

Another piece of good news is that we finally have a washer and dryer again and the various house projects are almost complete; just some finish carpentry and the exterior painting continues. We set out on a big house improvement project about a week and a half before hearing about Adam's diagnosis. I guess we will always associate the two things. When we are sitting on our new porch it will always remind us of the year Adam got cancer. Martha points out that Camille's first retained memories will probably revolve around Adam's treatment.

We would like to thank Regine and Todd for letting us use their washer/dryer.

1 comment:

Carson said...

I are very thankful that Adam had a somewhat earier time of it this go round, and I will specifically pray that the next one be even easier. Although not spiritually deep, I do believe that God often listens to specific requests. Often, the answer is no, but, in my experience, often it is yes.