Tuesday, May 20, 2008

new friends

Jody and Michael are some new friends of ours. Jody is a teacher at Camille's school and Michael is a professional musician. Some of my old fan boy friends would say he's living the dream. But he's really a regular guy with a lot of talent. Check out his band's website: www.mechanicalbirds.com. They live around the corner and since Jody found out about Adam she has been sending us fresh baked goodies on a regular basis. It's this kind of thing that is so strange about Adam's illness. I don't think we would have met them if Adam had not gotten sick. I can't wait for Adam to be finished with chemo and feeling better, and I am glad we had a chance to connect with folks like Jody and Michael. I am trying to use 'but' less. This family is so talented. Their youngest boy, Rye, plays drums in a rock duo (white stripes but smaller and the girl is on guitar, Rye on drums) and they rocked at Camille's school picnic. Michael just stopped by with some fresh baked bread and a cd of his band, which I am listening to right now.

peace

2 comments:

Karen said...

My name is Karen Laws...my son is Scout Master Tim Thompson. He's the one that has told me about your blog. I have to tell you I've got into the habit that I can't start my morning until I've read your words. You are such an inspiration to me. The courage of Adam, and the rest of your family, is beyond words. Please know that I pray for Adam every day.

I've tried to get some license plates for him. I sent an e-mail to all my friends across the country asking that they send me what they have. So far I've only received Texas, which I found out you already had. (Hope Tim has given them to you by now) I also have some coming from Alaska, but I think I also saw that you have one of those. I hope that I will be able to get at least one that Adam can add to his collection.

Have a wonderful and happy day....

Karen

Edward Brinson said...

Thanks Karen,
Tim gave us a great one from Missouri at the camp out. Adam hasn't really been able to go to many meetings since.
He's is doing GREAT today though. Thanks for the prayers.

E