Monday, March 17, 2008

Update

We have a meeting with Dr. Kuttesch's colleague, Dr. Collier, this Thursday at 115. Unfortunately Adam will not start his tests until Friday. He has a PET scan at 345 on Friday. I am not exactly sure what a PET scan is but I am sure we will hear all about it on Thursday.

We were planning, and we know what God says about man and plans, to take Adam on a Lego adventure this Friday. Cindy, the social worker at the Cancer Center, says having a child in cancer treatment is like always being about to give birth. You never know when you will have to go to the hospital and you should always have a bag ready to go, and 'that's the way it will be until his treatement is complete.' Great.

After Friday's scan Adam does not have another appointment until Thursday, March 27th. He has to be at Vandy Childrens that day from 12 until whenever. He has a bone scan, a CT scan body scan and an MRI.

I am used to knowing what is going on, or at least pretending like I know what is going on. I have no idea right now what is going on. I still assume that if these scans turn up clean Adam will be spared the worst but will still have to go through chemo. But I don't really know that either. After Thursday hopefull I will know more.

We have heard from so many people. Family, friends, old friends, folks we really don't even know. Your messages, your calls and your thoughts, prayers and meditations are all very much appreciated and absolutely not taken for granted. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Betty Lou said...

William has all of these scans (except the PET Scan)plus some every year at the NIH. None of them are invasive - just very boring. I get William a new handheld video game every year for our trip to the NIH (National Institutes of Health were he is part of a life long, annual study) to make passing the time a little more palatable.