Wednesday, March 26, 2008

there it goes








What a difference two weeks make. It seems like a long time.




Adam came home from school with a plastic microscope from science class, the class he does best in, excited to tell me about the properties of Epsom salt, grits and sugar. No kidding. His science teacher, Ms. Dooley, said Adam was talking about his cancer and chemotherapy with other boys in class and seemed at ease. He was most disappointed that just as he is ending his at-school time for the year the microscopes were being brought out. Wouldn't you know it!




Adam had said yesterday that he wanted to get his hair cut super short, so while the iron was hot I had the deed done.



I went to the book store yesterday to load up on comics and thank you cards. The comic books are for Adam (He loves the Simpsons at the moment) and the thank you notes are for me to write to the many many great folks who have been sending us their good energy, thoughts and prayers. I credit that for Adam's graceful attitude toward his circumstances.




Dr. Kuttesch wants to take a look at the bone marrow before Adam begins chemo so he will not be in the hospital all weekend as we had thought. We hope this is good news.




4 comments:

Celia Bradshaw said...

Hi Edward,

That is a great picture. Adam looks so handsome. Now, where's the one of your buzz cut?

It is so clear that an abundance of positive energy and love is flowing your way. I believe you can trust it.

Hang in there,
Celia

Nan said...

He looks so much like you Ed. I am amazed at the fearlessness and trust children have in situations that would put most of us in a total tailspin. They just don't seem to get caught up in the baggage. Simple faith it's really...beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Edward,

I had dessert with Adam at Heather & Jared's wedding reception and he was so cute. He has grown so and looks to have a joyous spirit that also is fierce and tenacious.

You probably know this already, but if not there is a Simpsons version of every game imaginable - Uno, Top Trumps, checkers & chess, etc. I have many of them and use in child therapy a work - sometimes I think playing with children lifts my spirits as much as theirs. I hope with all you are going through you will find time to play.

The peace of Christ be with you.
Jennifer
Athens, GA

Edwin said...

Hey everyone. Just got done reading a couple of the blogs and just wanted to say we (Lauren and I) have been thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. We have been busy with school and work lately but we are planning a trip up to Nashville soon and would love to get together with the family. We love you all and we will keep in touch. If you ever need anything please email me at edwin.fuchs@gmail.com or call me at 901.301.2461.

Love,
Eddie and Lauren