Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not like Christmas

The love people give is great. I would like to thank everyone for your outpouring. Adam would think this was like Christmas if he didn't know the real deal, which he does. But still, the books, books on cd, cards, games and simple words of encouragement are much appreciated.

Thanks Mary, Ben, Uncle Jared, Aunt Heather, Aunt Lucy, Uncle Jay, Miriam, David, Jeanette, Kevin, Lyn, Doug, Alisa, Scott, Carson, Mark, Nan, Kay, Susan, Terry, Yolanda, Marie, Jean, Ann, Luis, Michael, Kenny, John, Carolyn, Felix, Anna, Jane, Lucky, Mr. Hubble, Ms. Dooley, Ms. Garman, Juju, Bear, Grand Ma, Cathy, David, Rob and the Gallagers, Carter and the Gregorys, Betty Lou, Jim, William, Cecile, Ms. Michelle, Heathy, Chip, Trip, John, Julia, Fin, JP, Susie, Dr. Christy, Frances, Mel, Pam, Antonio and Ron........I know I have missed folks.

We are only at the beginning of this thing. People ask "How is Adam?" He's fine. He is slowly coming to terms I think. But the reality won't set in until next weekend when the chemo starts.

I keep on thinking "where will we be a month from now?", 6 months.....I realize it's best to think One day at a time, at least that's what Nan would say....but I am only human. I, we need you. We need you to tell us you care and ask how things are even when we or I seem to minimize, "everything is ok", so please keep checking in. It will never be taken for granted.


"The love you take is equal to the love you make" or something like that. We will be taking a lot. And I will work forever to make it up.


We are going to an Olympic Qualitfying soccer game downtown tonight; USA v. Canada. We may be the only ones there. I don't think pro soccer will ever take off in the USA. Tomorrow Adam cannot eat past 915am due to the Pet scan at 345. He'll eat a humongous breakfast. His old friend William is coming over to hang out. That's cool. They haven't seen each other in a while and William deals with his own chronic illness and may have some 11 year old words of wisdom for Adam.

No comments: