Thursday, June 26, 2008

untitled

Adam has been doing well. His mood, energy level and appetite all seem to have been on the rise. So it was a little surprising today when after his radiation treatment, which only took a few minutes, he was unable to have his outpt chemo because his white blood counts are too low. They are supposed to be above 750 but are in the 450-550 range. Hopefully by Monday his counts will be where they need to be in order to make up for this missed chemo date.

We continue to get plates. Uncle Paul sent in a North Carolina and a Virginia and someone who calls herself a 'friend of a friend', Peggy N. from Texas, sent a couple of gnarly TX plates. 'Friend of a friend' is the only explanation we got and it exemplifies the support we have been getting from near and far.

A lot on my mind lately. Someone told me my entries have seemed a little down lately. I guess it is hard to hide that stuff even when I am trying to stick to pure reportage. Tomorrow I have to take a road trip to Memphis for work. I am visiting a state psych hospital to see how they do things and maybe learn a thing or two. We'll see. It will give me time to think. I like taking car trips on my own. Just me, the road and usually some music. The mind wanders. We are trying to finish some work on the house. A small addition, new front porch, fresh paint and some long needed landscaping. It's nice and it's a little more than we thought it would be. My contractor, who is also a friend, felt a little guilty I think telling me how much I owed him to settle up because of Adam's cancer. That was weird. But I guess it also means he's a good guy. We started all that about 2 weeks before Adam's diagnosis. I am having my staff over for a back yard party this Saturday. It's awkward timing because my best friend at work got laid off this past Monday, along with some other fine folks (some by my own hand). Times are tough all over. Adam's treatment has become routine and I must admit, isn't the main thing getting me down at the moment. I haven't been sleeping well lately not because of Adam but because of other things. I guess I feel a little guilty about that but there it is.

32 plates so far.

No comments: