Thursday, June 5, 2008

serenity now

Apparently all these 'good' days have depleted Adam's white blood count. His inpt chemo treatment has been delayed by a day. We are not sure what the implications are if he cannot be admitted tomorrow. It may interfere with our special plans for next week. We will take it as it comes. I am very happy he has had some good days but I really want to get this last inpt chemo done with.

Adam is a little on edge himself. He apparently lost his temper with Dr. K this morning. Martha guesses, and I think she is right, that Adam has absorbed a lot over the last many weeks and has come to view Dr. K as the 'personification' of this whole thing and lost his temper.....finally. Martha made him apologize, which was the right thing to do, but I don't blame Adam. It was probably therapeutic and I think Dr. K can take it. Grayson's mom Heather told me yesterday when they brought Adam home how much he talked and how much he talked about hating to be admitted for chemo. I think this was the most he has ever said spontaneously about his feelings. And that's a good thing. He needs to talk more. Hopefully Camp Horizon will provide him that opportunity.

No comments: