Tuesday, June 17, 2008

old soul

Adam has been at camp since Sunday. Martha had to pick him up today to visit the radiation oncologist office for a pre visit in preparation for next weeks beginning of radiation therapy. We would have done this visit last week but we were in California. Adam is clearly liking camp because he was annoyed that Martha was picking him up and he was anxious to get back to camp. Luckily the doctor's visit was very short and he got back to having fun quickly.

I am sure that folks are sick of me saying it but we continue to be humbled by the support and love we receive from family, friends and strangers. My uncle Paul emailed a very nice note and an offer for more license plates. Very cool. A neighbor we have not seen for a while, who lives around the corner, stopped us on the street, (we were walking back from eating out), to catch up and to tell us she had heard about Adam. My brother in law's sister from Utah has sent us a great Utah plate with a boy scout theme.

I continue to wonder about what the universe has in store for us next and what all this will mean for Adam as he grows up. Will this make Adam an 'old soul' at the age of 12? Will he look back and think 'wow, if I could get through that I can get through anything!'? Adam was already a unique kid (I know, I am the pop, so of course I would think that), so what impact will this have on his character? He will survive and I believe he will thrive and this experience will show itself as a blessing. Some how, some way.

No comments: