Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Adam's second radiation treatment took less than 10 minutes. In and out with no problems. His appetite is way up and of all things he is loving tacos. But only the kind Martha makes at home. I don't know if his appetite will stay up once the chemo kicks in again, but we have to make hay while the sun shines right?

July is almost here. The middle of summer is almost here and that means we are about to enter the home stretch. This thing will be ending, Adam will be back in school, and we will be getting back to normal. Right?

My old JVC friend Dennis C., aka "the actual Buddhist", emailed me the story of the Paraquay plates (original blog entry May 18): I brought back those plates from a visit to Paraguay in 1981 just after my high school graduation. I was visiting the family of an exchange student who'd stayed with us the year before. I hope you won't be disappointed to know that the hand paint job was done by me, and that the Paraguayans aren't as "primitive" as one might imagine by that plate. I don't have anything more exotic to report about them, other than their rarity in the U.S. I doubt too many kids have any in their collections.

Thanks Dennis.

No comments: