Sunday, September 7, 2008

back to work tomorrow

One week off of work has its blessings and its curses. Getting work out of my brain for a week was probably good for me, but if I'm honest I'd have to admit that no work can also make me a little antsy and that's no good either.

I got onto Adam something awful last night because he was terrorizing his sister for the umpteenth time. I got in his face and yelled at him and sent him to bed and then felt guilty about it all night. I apologized this morning and then asked that he stop being mean to Camille. He was then very cooperative and friendly the rest of the morning. Weird.

We had soccer practice today. Adam did well. Initially he was in a bad and fragile mood because his friend Antonio had accidentally knocked him in the head. Adam has become particularly sensitive to knocks and bruises during this latter part of his treatment. I took him aside and encouraged him, with a little firmness, to shake it off and get ready to practice. He did and the practice went well. These things can go either way. There is no play book and I am batting about .500 when it comes to good decision making. That might be great in baseball but it sucks in life.

I need to find a way to get some better self discipline in all aspects of my life. I think I am really ready to be back to the grind tomorrow.



Amen.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Adam seems to have dodne better with his athletic curves than V.Y.