Sunday, July 6, 2008

abounding joy

Camille is away, over in South Carolina with my cousin Carson and her family at Kanuga. Carson emailed that the trip to Kanuga had gone well and that Camille was maybe a little overwhelmed with all the folks she doesn't know. Believe me, it won't take long before Camille is loving it. Any time she is in front of an audience that little girl is happy.

Adam spent the night with his friend Antonio last night. They slept on Antonio's grandmother's house boat. Finishing off a great summery week for Adam despite everything. Adam's younger friend foster just popped by asking if Adam could come over. I told him certainly Adam could once he got back from Antonio's.

Martha is at the gym and I just got back from a gnarly run. Now I am sitting here typing, sweating and listening to an Ipod that I loaded with summertime music....you know songs like 'Saturday in the Park' by Chicago and 'Either way' by Wilco. I feel good. It's a beautiful day. I love my kids, I love my wife and we have great neighbors, and I have very generous cousins and other family members. God damn, I am just happy today. I didn't even take my celexa yet!

I made that ipod play list for a party I had last week. The party was for my work staff. Great people. The party was my way of saying thanks for their hard work and it was a way of saying 'hang in there' despite the tough times at work. The party was a success I think. People seemed to enjoy themselves. You never know with those types of parties. They can be a little stiff. This party seemed to have a lot of spontaneity and joy.

Adam has 8 chemo treatments left and two weeks left of radiation. Then he will get another round of imaging and other testing to make sure the cancer is gone. Then at some point he will have his port-o-cath removed. His hair is growing back, but slowly.

We are getting close to finishing the State license project. Folks from near and far continue to show their support. My cousin Celia F's friend from Montana just sent a plate. My dad's Toast Master pal just sent an England plate. My sister in law Cathy found several very cool and very old plates at a garage sale in Connecticut. One of those was from the 1920s!

My sense of well being, is it God, is it positive energy, is it the weather? Acceptance? or just Love? Whatever it is, I will take it.

have a great week.

No comments: