Friday, January 30, 2009

on we go


So I lost my regular job 2 months ago. Our nation is in a financial melt down. Adam got, and then beat, cancer. My car was totalled. I became a facebook junkie (hey with all that free time on my hands it was a perfect match). I hooked up with my old clinical supervisor on fb today which is pretty cool. But there is no denying that I am an fb geek/loser. Adam is anxious to get the port out (so are we); Vanderbilt called today to schedule the outpt procedure. Camille is generally a very happy little girl but is jealous when Adam has spend the night friends over. Adam has his bud JP over tonight and they are watching Get Smart (the movie). Martha is 'pressuring' for another Walt Disney World trip....I am susceptible to the pressure. Most folks I know are worried about their jobs....if they still have jobs. I am 100% behind Obama but am aware of the dangers of person worship. I bought 3 books today in a used book store, two about zen Buddhism and a bio of St. Augustine (to add the the other books piling up on my night stand). I am in private practice now which is really cool, I just hope I can make a living at it. I have decided to run the 1/2 marathon again. Martha thinks I should run the real marathon. I told her I would if she trained for the 1/2. End of discussion. My practice land lord is a retiring lawyer who loves the idea of his old legal office space transforming into therapy space. He has been through drug and alcohol treatment 3 times (he wouldn't mind if I told you that). He's quite a character but I am very happy a friend of mine pointed me in his direction. I stayed out until after 12am last night and am paying the price today.

If you could get through this screed then I guess you may want to stay tuned.

E

No comments: