Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This is it.

So here we are in the last week of chemo. Adam had a treatment on Monday and his last will be on Friday. We are hoping to get down to the coast this weekend but are closely watching Gustave as it threatens the Gulf. Bad timing.

Adam earned big bucks today for "JANET'S PLANET'. Go to janetsplanet.com to see what that's all about. He acted on a kid public service ad promoting understanding of kids with serious illnesses and disabilities. How much did he earn? Well as I said to Adam, he made more per hour than either Martha or I have ever earned. A good day's work in a couple of hours.


These last few weeks have been particularly tough. Adam's mood at treatment has been difficult but I am trying to be at peace with that. He's got to do what he's got to do.

Or maybe it's just me. It's like the last mile in a 1/2 marathon. It's the hardest. If he gets enough sleep he's usually ok. Having just gone with Adam last week to chemo I have huge respect and sympathy for Martha. I will go again for his last session. Should I encourage him to say 'thankyou' to all the nurses and the doctor? I don't know.

2 comments:

connor11 said...

I dont know if you remember me but I was Adams teacher in creative Learning Center my name is Heather. Merilee Weingarnter sent me this link and I have been following Adams journey for about a month or so.. I am praying for you all so much and my thoughts and love are with you all always

Edward Brinson said...

Of course we remember. You were Adam's first great teacher!

Glad to hear things are good in Memphis.

We got to see Bruce Springsteen a few nights ago in Nashville. Great show.

Thanks for the kinds words. Adam's treatment is almost done. He's going to be ok.

love

Ed