Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Day Surprise

Last night around 945 pm the phone rings. I was the only one still up and was a little irritated that someone was calling so late. It was a 'robocall' from the public school system saying that Friday would be a snow day. No school! That means Martha and I could sleep a little later. I wondered, should I wake up Martha and Adam and tell them the good news. I decided to leave it as nice surprise for this morning. Martha got out of bed at 530am and I whispered to her that there was no school. She gratefully got back into bed.

Later in the morning, it was light outside, I woke Adam up, saying, "Wake up, we're late, look outside." Adam scramble up, half awake, ready to do as commanded. Then I said, "Nah, it's a snow day, go back to bed." Adam said, "You're mean!". But happily fell back into bed where I am sure he remained until 10am or so.

We love snow days at the Brinson house!

Martha and I still had to go to work (she with Camille in tow), but it was nice casual morning.

This is in the 'take nothing for granted' category.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: