Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I was talking to an old friend of mine yesterday and we both agreed that 2008 could have been a better year. Adam's cancer, Martha's brother dying of cancer, getting laid off and this little economic problem we are all living through. 2009 has got to be better.

On the other hand I was simultaneously thinking how much I have to be thankful for: Adam's treatment has been successful, Adam and Camille are great kids and Martha and I are unbelievably fortunate we have have them, I have a great wife and we a still in-love, I have been given an opportunity to do something new professionally, we have some really great friends in Nashville, I have recently connected with old friends I haven't heard from in a while, Adam and Camille are doing well in school (mostly) and of course we just elected a president that I never would have thought could have been elected. What a country!

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: