Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trio


On Thursday Adam had a trio of imaging tests: MRI, CT Scan, and a total bone scan. He has also been participating in a 'Coping' study through out his treatment and he had to be interviewed for that as well.
We now await the results of the imaging. We should hear on Monday.
Thursday night I walked in the 'Light the Night' event at LP Field in Nashville. This was to raise money and awareness for Leukemia and Lymphoma. Folks were given balloons that lit up; either white, red or gold. White was for survivors, red for family members and gold in remembrance of loved ones who died. Despite the rain it was well attended. It was a pretty corporate affair but that didn't ruin it completely.

Thanks to many of you I was able to raise $785 for the event.

Yesterday I participated with some folks from work in a Habitat build. I've done a couple of these things before and have never felt particularly useful. This time though I was assigned to caulk under the roof line. It involved being up on a high ladder and concentrating on laying down a neat and even bead of caulk. It got pretty good at it and used it as an opportunity to practice some the meditation/breathing techniques I've been experimenting with. I was able to get two houses worth of caulking done. Who says Buddhist meditation can't be practical!


Adam is away on a Scout camping trip this weekend. He left last night and will be back tomorrow. Apparently the main event was a breakfast cooking competition which began at 530am this morning. All I can say is I am glad it's Mr. Gregory (the scout leader) and not me having to deal with Adam at 530am!

My old college buddy Gerald and his friend Cookie are coming to town today. Gerald is a huge fan of Bob Pollard (former leader of the great Guided by Voices) and is doing a 'Deadhead' like following Bob on tour trip throughout the southeast. Should be fun. We are going to get some Princes Hot Chicken too. Never pass up an opportunity to get some hot chicken!

Go Dores! Go Bama! Go Obama!


I will get the results of Adam's tests as soon as we get them up on the blog.

Peace

No comments: