Monday, October 6, 2008

710.....

http://www.active.com/donate/ltnNashvi/2471_ebrinson1

Thanks to many of the readers of this post and many generous folks at work we have raised $710 for the Light the Night event. My original goal was to raise 200. I didn't mean to underestimate people's generosity. I thank you very much.

The event is Thursday October 16th at LP Field, home of The Titans. Adam has imaging tests all day that day so I am not sure he will be in the frame of mind to spend his few hours of free time marching around a football stadium. I'll be there and I will be very proud to brag about all the good folks who have donated through me.

Tomorrow Adam has an appointment with Dr. Mawn, the eye surgeon who removed the tumor. When I mentioned his appt today he was a little startled and asked if there would be any sticks. Thankfully I could say 'no' but getting an eye exam isn't always fun either. At least he doesn't have to miss any school.

Please keep my mom, 'Juju' to her grand kids, in your thoughts and prayers. She had knee replacement surgery today. I am confident this will make her life a whole lot better, but tonight she is in a lot of pain. Hang in there Mom!

A special 'shout out' to our friends Mel and Pam who put our donations over the 700 mark!

No comments: