Monday, June 22, 2009

HOT

Damn, it's hot. Approaching the middle of the year and so far, so good for the Nashville Brinson clan. We are all healthy, happy and having a great summer. Adam has just gotten back from two camps in two weeks. The first was Scout camp and the second was Camp Horizon (for cancer survivors). He had a ball at both. It was great to see him be able to return to Horizon in such healthy form. Ironically we just came across a public service type deal he did when he was still in chemo. The difference is night and day. Check it out on my facebook profile page. Or click on this link. http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=91414951558&h=TSXbx&u=dB8_h&ref=mf

Camille has finally decided that she loves the water and is very close to actually swimming. She is getting individual lessons this week in preparation for her first day camp at the YMCA Widjiwagan in two weeks. I will be spending every morning this week with her to take her to her lessons. Should be fun.

Our favorite festival, The Music City Hot Chicken Festival, fast approaches. It is on July 4th in East Nashville and is sure to be hot in more ways than one. Martha's sister Mary and bro in law Ben are taking the train to Memphis then driving over here; all to take part in Hot Chicken.

Martha and I saw Elvis Costello for the upmteenth time last week. He was playing with some really great musicians who call themselves the Sugarcanes. The band included Jim Lauderdale and Jerry Douglas. They played for three hours at the Ryman. We've seen EC so many times it 's hard to say which was the best performance, but this ranks way up on that list.

My friend John Shelton and I are taking our kids for a canoe ride down the Harpeth this Friday. Hopefully the water will be high enough to make it fully enjoyable.

As for me, my private practice seems to be doing well. It's still a novelty for me not to have to go in to a 'real' job every day and I am learning that I have more discipline than I thought but continue to view self discipline as my biggest challenge. I can where jeans to work, 'nuff said. Father's day was great. The kids gave me a turntable that can record vinyl to MP3s. Neat!

No comments: