Monday, April 20, 2009

B-Clan Update

It's been a long time. For anyone still following this blog here is the latest about the B clan.

Adam had his second post treatment imaging tests today. He had a CT Scan of his orbital socket and an MRI with contrast. The CT Scan goes quickly. The MRI takes about an hour. It's not as awful as when he first had to have one because now they have this virtual movie contraption that he can view and listen to. Apparently it blocks out much of the incredibly annoying sound that the MRI makes. He did fine. I did notice as we entered the hospital that he slipped back into his 'treatment zone' mood. Flatter than a pancake. This contrast with what Martha and I have been noticing lately. He seems to be much more out of his shell. Martha thinks this is because he only recently began to feel mentally 'free from treatment' despite the fact that he looks 'normal' as can be. Well, for whatever reason, it's a welcome development.

Adam is pretty busy. His soccer season recently started up, he's going to saxophone practice once per week and has scouts once per week. He goes on monthly scout outings. His next one is May 1st. He'll be going on a two day hike.

Camille is pretty busy too. She's playing soccer and goes to dance every Wednesday.

Spring is definitely back and that mean a lot more on the go. Adam is actually wanting to ride his bike and had a major wipe out last week. He needs a new bike. The other is busted up pretty bad. Camille screams when I try and put her on her bike with training wheels.

We are headed for D-World in a few weeks. It's our 'guilty family pleasure' and this year's birthday gift from me to Martha. We are taking cousin Kira with us this year. Should be a blast.

My new practice is developing nicely. It's both liberating and scary being in charge of your own shop. A unity of opposites I guess. I am really enjoying it.

Martha is still working hard for SJRI. I think Dr. Christie knows what an asset he has in her.

Spiritually speaking I am still a wanderer. Have not been to church much lately. I am re-reading Following Christ in a Consumer Society. I read this book 22 years ago when I was in the JVC. It impressed me then but I think it's even more impressive now. Very challenging book. I highly recommend it. I am still trying to practice breathing meditation as regular as I can. I pray. I take celexa. Great combination.

For those who are still keeping up, thanks again for all your support. See you on Facebook!

No comments: