Friday, March 6, 2009

Off to Raccoon Mt.


Nothing much to report really. Adam is doing great. He's on another scouting trip this weekend. They are going to Raccoon Mountain to spend the night in a cave. How cool is that. We (Martha, me and Camille) are headed to Atlanta for my niece's birthday and to just hang with Jared and Heather. Family is good. Especially in times like these....we can commiserate.


My new practice is building slowly, but positively. I am optimistic that it will be where it needs to be when the critical time comes. It's great to work for yourself and your clients with no b.s. Hell, I can wear jeans to work.


Camille is fantastic and happy and talkative, and talkative. She is loving school and worries that her teacher, Ms. A, will miss her when we go to Hawaii for a week over spring break. This is the Make a Wish Foundation Trip. Should be a hoot. Camille is looking forward to the 10 plane ride. The Make a Wish folks are throwing a pizza party for Adam next Saturday to give all the details.


Camp time is coming up. Adam will be returning to Camp Horizon, but this time as a post treatment camper. It will give him an opportunity to help others till in chemo.


It is Lent, and in my bad Catholic fashion I am going to church only inconsistently but I am reading a book by an early Christian mystic called the Cloud of Unknowing. Trying to read it daily. Basically it's a early text on mindfulness practice from a Christian mystic point of view. It's thought provoking.


Have a great weekend!

No comments: